This blog is not related to any specific topic, its a platform for my personal views, stories, learning's and teachings in general.You will find content on food reviews, travel reviews, restaurant reviews, recipes, songs, short stories, a bit of corporate gyaan and anything that interests me in general. Writing is the best stress buster I have ever experienced, hence if you like any of the articles feel free to share it....keep visiting...
of people love Cheese. The name itself takes us to an imaginary world where we visualize all the good cheese food and wish to have them immediately. This product adds flavour and changes
the face and taste of a lot of food that we eat. It is derived from milk, processed and comes in different forms - processed, sliced, cubes, tinned
, with salt, without salt and a lot more. It is popularly
used in pizzas, sandwiches and quite a lot of Italian dishes.
such dish which I like and love to cook is the cheese chilly toast…You can either have it as a breakfast item
or a chai time snack…It is prepared in just 15 mins and can be served to as many people as possible.
you need is some brown bread, lots of cheese, chilies and Italian seasoning
4 ingredients and your dish is good to go!
Take 4 slices of bread. Toast it in a pan or a toaster. Remove it in a plate. Add grated cheese, or sliced cheese. To that you need to add some green chilles ( 1-2 finely chopped) and Italian seasoning. This is readily available in the market. If not, you can add oregano and chili flakes. Bake it in the oven for 30 seconds to one minute. Serve hot with a cup of tea or coffee. Your early morning breakfast is ready. Do try and let me know how it was. Till then eat healthy and cook smartly. Happy Reading, Priyanka
Shopping and girls are inseparable...the word itself gives some relief and eventually brings a smile on our face....All of us enjoy shopping and some of us love it to the core. We find reasons to shop, even if there are no reasons, we are quite capable of inventing one. To me or even to a few of my friends, its the best stress buster...but can get too heavy on your pockets...I thoroughly enjoyed writing this post and it the mere thought of shopping gave me some relief....I have tried and penned down some of the most hilarious and weirdest reasons girls give when they want to shop....:) I hope you all will relate and enjoy reading this one.
1. Its my first date, I don't have anything appropriate to wear..Well you have all the rights to shop..after all looking special on your first date is important. Remember first impression is the last impression.
2. Its wedding season...I have to attend a few weddings of them all lined one after the other....Well you now have the biggest reason to shop. Looking beautiful is the only thing on our mind...Please note, we buy clothes as per the number of weddings we have to attend, we don't like repeating ( i hope the guys are reading this).
3. Its Prom Night, I need to shop...off course Yes, who says you can wear the same dress you bought for your date...after all its prom night. you have to look the hottest and stand out stunningly... There are going to be some real good looking guys out there....
4. I don't have anything to wear, my cupboard looks empty...OK so lets go SHOPPING!!!!
5. I fought with my boss, I'm a terrible mood. OK lets shop...trust me its the best way to deal with the frustrated situation :p
6. My friend wants to shop, so i tagged along but I liked one thing and picked up a few things for my self. :p The most common reason to shop.
7. Its College friends reunion...We are meeting after ages....I need to pick up something for myself...I need to shop!!
8. Saturday night, party time....I have to go clubbing....lets shop!
9. Family dinner with relatives....need to look good... ssssoooo lets shop :p:p:p
10. Its my friends baby shower...I have nothing appropriate to wear..Lets shop.
11. Its Spinsters party...for the last time we all will be together and party like there no tomorrow...Please I want to shop!
12. Christmas!!! New year!! Diwali!!! festival time....shopping time...wohuuuu.
13. I have Pink shoes but don't have anything to go with it, hence I'm going shopping today.
14. The earrings and bag was gifted to me by a friend, but no clothes to go with it....hence i want to shop
15. Sale! Sale! Sale! every where....huge discounts...Lets go shopping...
16. Its rainy season.......want to use my old clothes and then dispose them off after rains...then I can sop and refill all that's gone!!!!
17. Its summer time! I want clothes with fresh colors...my wardrobe has all dark shades...lets shop!!!!
18. I need some cosmetics, a lip gloss and kajal for daily office use...lets shop.
19. I'm running out of formals....I have my counterparts visiting next week from US...so let me shop please
20. I fought with my husband..so splurging his money...I'm shopping
21. Its sisters days out...we are shopping dining and watching some movies
22. I don't have anything in white to wear...some thing which i can wear for sad occasions (Lets buy a white chicken Kurta).
23. Its Goa calling...need some beach wear... I need to shop babes.
24. My first international trip...I want something that can be worn there...in that country.. I want to shop!!!
25. I'm bored, sitting at home have nothing else to do,...lets catch up, window shopping (eventually turns out to be actual shopping).
26. I'm travelling, need some night wear, some comfortable clothes...i need to go shopping..
27. House warming ceremony...I need to wear news stuff...so need to shop
28. Its my honey moon, I have to buy really cute stuff...:p I'm going shopping.
29. Its some relatives function, colleagues wedding, old school friends wedding, childhood friends wedding, puja in my building, or any other function....i need to shop...
30.. Its dance class, yoga class and then gym in the evening...it need comfortable clothes to exercise....
31. I just need to look and feel good about myself, there's nothing special..I want to buy good stuff, its boosts my self confidence...lol
32. Lastly, it my wedding ...I need to carry new clothes to my in laws place, I need clothes for all functions...I need everything new from bags to shoes to cosmetics etc etc...so I'm shopping..
All husbands, boyfriends and those still single...this is just the trailor...:p
PS. The images are taken from Shutterstock (a website for photographs, images, etc)
It was a Sunday morning....the phone rang, Ananya gathered some courage, took a deep breath and answered the phone call.
"Hey Ananya, Viraj here...can we meet for dinner tonight? I shall meet you directly at the restaurant, Gold Cafe...sharp at 7.. see you then bye."
Miss Ananya Kumari, born in a middle class family.. MBA from one of top B schools..financially independent women, hails from a family with strong cultural values. Her appearance was one thing that no guy would die for..she was short, plum and had decent looks...but she was smart and talented..sensible and a no nonsense chick. Her strong personality and a bit dominant nature would always attract some attention from her peers and colleagues. She knew how to take care of every one and was always the dominant types. Handling a guy was no big deal for her.
Ananya didn't know what to expect from this meeting. She had no idea about what was coming her way...she went with a clear mind, hoping for the best to happen....her parents had arranged her to meet the Mr. Perfect...Viraj Sen.
The perfect guy any girl would die for....6 feet 3 inches...handsome hunk with flamboyant personality..a guy every parent would wish for their daughter and he was every girls dream....smart talented..an MBA, working with one of the big fours (consultancy firms) in the Top management league...girls, dating and show bizz were his unique characteristics... He agreed to meet Ananya.
The clock struck 7..Anaya was all set, seated at the dinner table...bang on time.. Waiting to meet Viraj. It was now 7.30.....7.45.....and finally Viraj arrived at 8 pm., One hour late!
He entered the restaurant and looked all over the place. He instantly spotted Ananya, walked towards her...
"Hey I'm very sorry, the traffic was horrible....hope you wouldn't mind". Ananya was annoyed. She thought this guy has no decency at all. He walked in late and didn't even bother to inform her ...Well that was the first impression....
"Would you like to order some thing Ma'am? the waiter disrupted her thoughts.. .. "Hmmm oh yes".....Viraj interrupted ..Let's order for dinner and then we can talk at length...I love Chinese, chicken soup..some starters.. whatever you suggest (looking at the waiter) and fried rice would do...is that OK with you Ananya?
"Yes"...she replied sulkly...as if she cared...
With this the waiter left them to themselves....
"So did you like this place.. its pretty awesome..nice and cozy...hmmmm..I love the food here...they make real good Chinese..I hope you will like what I have ordered."
Viraj went on an on...like there was no stopping to his talks....for the first time she felt some one overpowering her...she felt dominated ...as if things were flowing out of her hands....and for the first time she spoke less.
"So Ananya , you are aware of the reason why we are meeting tonight..so let me ask you a few questions."
Few questions my foot....its not an interview darn it...Anaya thought to herself.
Keeping her cool, with a constant smile on her face she was patiently listening and answering all his silly questions (that's what she thought they were).
"What exactly are you looking at?" He asked.
"What do you mean?" that was her reply.
"As in what kind of a guy."
"I want to be with a guy who is not arrogant and who respects women"...a taunt straight on his face.."What about you Viraj?"
He replied "I need a girl who would take care of me and my family..thats it."
He couldn't stop checking her out..She noticed that at first instance ...A rich pink Anarkali, with high heels and a decent jewellery to go with it. Just looked elegant and cute..
The conversation went on ..dinner had finally arrived..and they were done in an hours time.
"Hey you too have a BlackBerry" Viraj said ..sounded pretty excited... "Can we exchange our bbm pin?...let's catch up on bbm."
Saying this he picked up Ananya's phone and scanned her BB pin.
Must admit, this guy was quick, doesn't waste time and knows how to woo a girl smartly.
But It didn't work out that way for Ananya, she had her own ego issues, she was shocked to meet a guy who was so dominant. This was the first guy in her life, whom she couldn't control, he hardly let her speak that evening...On the contrary, he had all the qualities and she couldn't find a valid reason to say no..she couldn't make up her mind whether to go ahead with this or not..He was totally opposite to what she wanted...She felt like two ends meet..He was different, unique and had an X factor...Yet she couldn't decide..she was confused.
For Viraj it was the girl he longed for...he knew her strengths and weaknesses..he instantly had read her on the very first meet...he knew she was the girl for him..he had made up his mind to go ahead with this..His personality, arrogance and flamboyant nature would make any girl go gaga over him but with Anaya he knew this was not the case...In fact she was the first girl in his life who disliked him in the first meet..and he had guessed all this in the entire evening...He had a task now to win her heart and her task was to try and escape from this confused state.
Late that night Anaya received a text msg from Viraj.... 'Hey it was wonderful today...I liked your company and enjoyed every minute spent with you...thanks for such a wonderful evening and keep smiling always coz you look the best when you smile.'
And there began a journey....Anaya confused, not able to decide, wants to say no..the sms changed her mind, may be he is good, should give another chance, don't know what to do...she knew she had to meet him again and again to decide ....
Viraj..... with a mind all clear, slept peacefully, as he had already made the decision of his life..of being with her now and for ever......
So often we are confused when it comes to taking marriage decisions...Just like Ananya we don't think, we become judgmental and take decisions that make our thoughts more complicated...when we are seeing someone, or decide to meet a guy for marriage purposes, we should try and give time to each other....At times you will strike a chord in the first go like Viraj or might take several meetings to say yes like Anaya...Sometimes we might end up saying No to the right person or saying yes to the wrong person (But don't worry, this never happens easily)......Take your time, don't be confused, don't be judgmental, don't make any pre-conceived notations about your partner even before meeting or in the first go....give time and take time...you will figure out easily what you want and will know if the guy is right for you or not...If you are not able to decide anything for yourself, leave it in Gods hands...he will show you the way......
Dedicated to all those who are going through or will go through this phase.....
Admits deep valleys and high hills, this trip to North India was a bliss. Dehradun, located in the valleys and Mussoorie, located on mountain ranges, two contrast locations but has its own beauty and magic. The excitement begins the moment you see Dehradun from 14,000 feet high, surrounded with greenery and the Himalayan ranges. This place has its own charm that mesmerizes you. The best time to visit is winters but summers are pretty cool as well.
We stayed at Hrishikesh, which is 30 min away from Dehradun. Hrishikesh is considered a holy place as the river Ganga resides here. The 2,525 km river rises in the western Himalayas in the Uttarakhand, and flows south and east through the Gangetic Plain of North India into Bangladesh and empties into the Bay of Bengal. Hrishikesh is famous for adventure activities like river rafting, bungee jumping and rock climbing. We were staying in a hotel located on the banks of river Ganga - Scenic place and a feeling of quietness embraces you all day long.
Day 1 On the very first day of our trip, we visited Haridwar. Thousands of people gather every evening to pay respect to the Holy water Ganga and participate in the maha-aarti that takes place every evening at 6 pm. This is one scene that cannot be missed. We have been seeing this in movies but to get a real life experience is something different and unexpected. Just remember to be safe and always stay in groups.Chances of you getting lost are much high here.
Day 2 I'm a person who is scared of water, but couldn't afford to miss river rafting in Hrishikesh. I was continuously praying for 2 days before the rafting activity and finally decided to take on this water journey - 26 kms, white water rafting, 12 rapids and 4 hours...phew! I survived and enjoyed every bit of it...must say you cannot miss this if you are in Hrishikesh....Usually people prefer to stay in camps in Hrishikesh. You can also opt for many other activities provided by these camps.
Take a day off after rafting as you body will refuse to respond post this activity.
Next day we were off to Mussoorie, quiet and serene, usually known as the queen of hills. This place has it owns beauty that welcomes everyone with warmth. The hill station is located 8000 feet high.The only thing you can do here is sleep, eat, relax, walk the mall road, shop and spend quality time with yourself. The attractions here include the Kempty water falls, the rope way, good restaurants and food, some schools and lush green Himalayan ranges that can be mostly viewed from your hotel rooms.
I fell sick after the rafting activity and didn't enjoy my stay at Mussoorie. Some some of the funny experiences in Mussoorie which cannot be forgotten were when my friends had to call the doctor at 2 am.. go to the hospital to get my medicines... wade through the hilly regions, secretly praying to reach safely, finally got a lift from some localities at 2 am...half drunk and a ride they will never forget in their entire life.. I was more tensed for their safety rather than getting my medicines on time. We had dinner by the river side, walked all the way to the Ram Jhulla and Laxman Jhulla, saw some parts of Delhi and traveled in metros. We used all means of transport- the airplane, local cabs, pulled rickshaws, cycle rickshaws, etc etc.
Things to remember:
1. Carry enough medicines in case you fall sick after the rafting activity, good clothes for rafting and some warm clothes as well. 2. The food is usually vegetarian but some places do serve non-veg. 3. You can reach Delhi by flight and then take another flight to Dehradun. 4. Book in advance in case you chose to stay in Hotels or else camps is the best option if your travelling with your friends. This place is adventurous yet relaxing.. Trust me you will have enough stories and experiences to share once your back from this journey. Happy Reading Priyanka
Its time....Finally Mumbai sees the rains.....the increased humidity had left us almost longing for it..made me feel summer-like in June.... but be it summer, rains or winter... there no stopping to your creativity especially when it comes to food. So here is a lovely sweet sweet dish which is easy to make and available all times of the year.
PS: This dish was actually my hubby's creation!!!!
Amul mango ice-ream (half to one kg)
Raspberry jam (3-4 spoons)
Good day biscuits ( around 8) or cookies would also do
Muesli (one cup) - the one with dry fruits
Apple/ Pear /Strawberry (any fruit that's available) 1-2 for seasoning
Serves : 4 people
Take a big mixing bowl. Add good day biscuits (break into small pieces) or cookies (as per availability) would also do. Add one cup muesli.Then add Amul mango ice-cream ( half kg). Add 3 to 4 big spoons of Raspberry jam to this mixture.
Mix the ingredients well.
Take 4 ice cream serving bowls and fill this mixture.
Now either cut apples or pears or strawberry (or you can take a combination of all as per your preference) into fine slices.
Decorate the dish with these fruits.
Isn't it easy to make. Now do try is out as a Sunday afternoon dessert and let me know how it was....